Care Support Specialist
Area: Across West Yorkshire
Temporary pilot scheme for six months, possible extension if successful
Salary: £18,772 FT based on a 38 Hour week
As a Care Support Worker, you will be slotting into the Carers shoes while they take a break. Work could include the provision of personal care, social care, and emotional support. Respecting confidentiality in line with data protection regulation and honouring equality, diversity and inclusion needs.
These are unique positions within the organisation and will run as a temporary pilot scheme for six months, if successful this should be extended subject to budget review.
We are an organisation with over 100 Care Support Workers so we always have colleagues on leave. While colleagues take leave their clients still need the regular, uninterrupted support service that they are used to so that they can take that all-important break each week. The essence of this programme is to provide a regular relief Support Worker who clients will come to know.
These roles will each be working 38 hours per week throughout West Yorkshire. Flexibility is key, along with the ability to work some unsociable hours. In return we offer a full-time hours, a competitive salary and an extensive training programme to ensure that you are ready for anything.
- Be a driver with their own vehicle for work purposes
- Experience of working with vulnerable adults and / or children
- Have the ability to work flexibly for the needs of the organisation including travel throughout the area covered by the organisation
- Be able to develop good working relationships with carers and people with care needs while maintaining appropriate professional boundaries.
- Be able to work independently and take initiative while working within Carers Trust Mid Yorkshire policies, procedures, guidance.
- Be committed to ongoing Learning and Development
Carers Trust Mid Yorkshire is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Applicants must be willing to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Carers Trust is committed to valuing Equality and Diversity.
If you do not hear from us within the next 14 days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.