Community Engagement Manager (Bi Lingual)
After probation £24,240
37 hours per week
Typically Monday to Friday
Carers Trust Mid Yorkshire is a charity providing respite support to carers and the people they care for throughout Kirklees, Wakefield, Calderdale and Leeds. Working in the community we support carers by providing a weekly break.
We are currently recruiting for a Bi-lingual Community Engagement Manager to work 37 hours per week on a fixed term contract to 31 March 2024.
This role is for a new project within the Kirklees community which seeks to reach and engage with underrepresented unpaid carers specifically within Pakistani communities. Carers Trust Mid Yorkshire has over 25 years’ experience in the Kirklees Community providing respite breaks to unpaid carers.
We wish to extend our engagement methods to increase the number of unpaid carers who identify as being of Pakistani heritage and are supported by Carers Trust Mid Yorkshire through developing our understanding and ability to engage with the community.
We want to increase the number of unpaid carers from minority ethnic groups who have a voice in the strategic development of carer support at Carers Trust Mid Yorkshire and local network partners.
It is essential that the post holder is flexible around the needs of the organisation and the community project; however, most working hours will typically be Monday to Friday.
- Ability to speak languages predominantly spoken by the Pakistani community
- Experience of engaging with and developing relationships with people in underrepresented communities
- Experience of working within the guidelines and requirements of Key Performance Indicators
- Experience in writing reports
- Strong Organisational Skills
- Experience of organising groups or activities
- Experience with preparing Marketing material
- Confident in speaking and presenting to groups
- Experience of using IT programs including Word, Excel, Outlook and Databases
- Full UK Driving Licence held for a minimum of 12 months and a vehicle insured for business use.
Closing Date: 24 November 2021
Interview Date: 29 & 30 November 2021
Start date: 4 January 2022
Please provide a CV and covering letter outlining what makes you the most suitable candidate for this role.
Applications to: email@example.com
This post is funded by Carers Trust’s Making Carers Count programme, which is supported by the Covid-19 Support Fund
Carers Trust Mid Yorkshire is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Applicants must be willing to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Carers Trust Mid Yorkshire is committed to valuing Equality and Diversity.
If you do not hear from us within 14 days of the closing date then please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.